Every day is a learning experience.
Today I learned that a rewarding life is at my fingertips, even if:
1. I have trouble parking a Chevy Tahoe.
2. I am spatially challenged and have no idea how something is going to look or fit into a space until it is in the space.
3. I need a GPS to find the bathroom door, and I’m in the bathroom at the time.
4. I can’t tell left from right, unless wearing a watch.
5. I own 20 tubes of lipstick all the same color; bought at different times trying to find a new color.
6. I’m not afraid to yell, “Bingo”, in a crowded room.
7. I’ve lost my desire to shop.
8. I feel more canine than human.
9. I cover head for the yucky parts of movies, but need a “blow by blow” description.
10. I live an uncomplicated life, filled with new experiences and friendships.
11. I define traveling as sitting on my patio.
12. I love to bring out the best in myself and others I meet.
13. I define cooking as opening a can of soup.
14. I refer to myself in the 3rd person.
15. I realize all the things I thought I cared about are just not that important.
16. I love the clothing in old movies.
17. I frequently start conversations with strangers.
18. I take things one moment at a time and don’t allow myself to get overwhelmed.
19. I am quite satisfied watching television and staying home.
20. I only want to wear denim or workout clothes, everywhere.
21. I try to spend most of the day listening, instead of talking.
22. I care about the feelings of others and enjoy new adventures, close to home.
23. I think of myself as just beginning to live, rather than getting ready to die.
24. I focus on being patient with myself and others.
25. I have faith in my talents and want to share.
26. I can’t wait to see how each day plays out.
Every day is a surprise and a reason to enjoy the life I have chosen. Hope you can find your way to more pleasure than pain; to more adventures; and to cherish yourself, your family, and your friends.
A rewarding life is within your grasp—just reach out for it. It doesn’t come to you; you need to seek it out.